Chiropractic works with the facts that:
- You are a self-healing, self-regulating organism,
- Your nervous system is the master system and it controls and coordinates every function of the body,
- Any interference in the nervous system decreases the communication between the brain and the body and makes you function poorly,
- Chiropractors locate and correct (adjust) the areas in your spine that are not moving properly and causing interference. This restores function and health.
A Subluxation is when there is a misaligned vertebra or dysfunctional joint that causes the nervous system to have interference. This decreases that communication between the brain and the body. There are 3 basic causes of subluxations;
- Physical causes could include slips and falls, accidents, repetitive movements and improper lifting.
- Mental/Emotional causes such as anger, grief, and fear
- Chemical causes could include alcohol, drugs, pollution and poor diet