How is Dr. Weitzman going to adjust or take care of you?
Dr. Stuart Weitzman is proficient at many techniques from traditional hands on adjustments with audible releases to very gentle instrument light force techniques. Each person’s care is fitted to their needs according to their specific needs, what condition your health is in and their comfort level. Every technique works equally well. My goal is for you to be comfortable and relaxed with your care in my office. Chiropractic adjustments are delivered to areas of the spine that are not moving properly and your nerve transmission is not functioning well. Below are some of the many ways to accomplish this and restore optimal function.
Traditional Hands on Adjustments
These are the adjustments with audible releases (popping noises). Dr. Weitzman takes care of patients with the force as preferred by the patient’s comfort level.
Are you afraid popping or cracking noises?
If so, there are many alternatives to the traditional adjustments. Dr. Weitzman is one of few doctors that uses an instrument to gently align the bones to get them moving properly. It is called an ArthroStim® Instrument. There is no twisting or turning of the spine and rarely painful. It is VERY effective, when used by a practitioner that has been trained. This adjusting instrument can thrust 12 times per second to re-align bones comfortably. It also can be used to loosen tight or fibrotic muscles before the adjustment.
Thompson Drop Technique
Dr. Weitzman also has state of the art chiropractic tables that have drop mechanisms to do adjustments. This is also a technique that uses the assistance of the table to accelerate the bones/vertebrae into position. The Dr. puts a force into the bone that needs to be aligned and the table piece drops and the stopping helps set the bone into place. This technique allows slightly more force than Activator technique, but similarly allows adjustment without twisting or turning of the spine. It is a very gentle and effective technique as well.
This technique is used to gently adjust the bones of your cranium (skull) in order to help the Cerebrospinal fluid flow more easily around the brain and spinal cord. It is great for babies who may have had skull bones shifted in-utero or during birth and show as asymmetries in the head or face. Dr Weitzman performs this on his adult patients when indicated.
Dr. Weitzman uses manual therapies, works out trigger points (knots), uses myofascial release, as well as some active release for muscle balance and injury recovery. He will attempt to loosen and relax the muscles to make for an easier adjustment, but to also balance tight muscles and maximize your chiropractic care.
Therapies / Modalities
These are all adjunct therapies to help a patient with treatment. All of these allow for the Doctor to more easily and comfortably deliver Chiropractic Adjustments. It is the adjustment that restores motion and decreases nerve pressure to allow you to function more optimally.
- Electro-muscle stimulation (EMS) – It is an electrical current (felt as slight tingling) that is applied to the area of soft tissue injury for blocking pain and reducing swelling. It is used to reduce pain sensation, decrease swelling, promote general muscle tone, and speeds the healing process.
- Cold Laser – Multi Radiance therapy provides benefits of light and neuro stimulations, Faster temporary pain relief, and Assists a clinician in identifying the optimal treatment locations. This is done through our TARGET technology. Constantly changing impulses, preventing accommodation of tissue to neurostimulation, Deep tissue penetration of photonic energy due to 25W Super Pulsed Laser, Preset frequencies allow the clinician to control depth of therapeutic energy from the surface up to 13 cm (5 inches), Simultaneous usage of light and neurostimulation therapies and the patient can feel the treatment.
- Hot Packs – Heat is usually recommended for the relaxation of tense soft connective tissues and provides temporary relief associated with chronic pain and muscle tightness. Heat works by increasing circulation, relaxes muscle tension, reduces joint stiffness, and prepares the tissues for treatment and rehabilitation.
- Cold Packs – Otherwise known as cryotherapy, is used to manage acute injuries or recent exacerbation of chronic conditions. Cold therapy works by constricting blood vessels and reducing nerve transmission of painful symptoms, providing temporary relief. Cryo-therapy helps reduce swelling and inflammation, numbs the affected painful area, and reduces muscle spasms.
- Ultrasound (US) – It is a high-frequency sound wave administered to the area of soft tissue injury. These sound waves penetrate deep into the body creating a heat response. It is used to speed the healing process by increasing temperature, increasing blood flow, relaxing muscle spasms, and massaging damaged tissues.